If you are at all considering homeschooling this school year (or in the future), or have already decided to homeschool (like I have), you are invited to join us for an informal Zoom conversation about the benefits, challenges, and home education.
NEW DATE & TIME:
THIS Sunday, June 14
3:00-4:00 p.m. (after church)
Our Lifesong sister, Stacy Ohara (wife of Gregg Ohara), has successfully homeschooled her two daughters through high school. Emily is now a graduate of Azusa Pacific University, and Allison is a sophomore at USC. Stacy is a credentialed school teacher currently working as an education specialist with Springs Charter School. She and I will facilitate an informal conversation (NOT presentation) about homeschooling based on your questions, questions such as:
- Where do I learn about homeschool curricula?
- What do I do with my 2-year-old while I'm schooling my 6-year-old?
- Where do I learn about the state academic standards?
- How would I prepare my children for the state test in May?
- How do you prepare meals while homeschooling?
- Where do I meet other homeschoolers for community and playdates?
- How do I get work done at home while homeschooling?
- What is the difference between homeschooling independently and joining a charter school?
- Which charter school should I join?
So, feel free to send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org :)
You are also welcome to ask questions as they arise during our Zoom meeting.
Invite your friends and family who are also interested in homeschooling! Please forward this email to them. Attached is a flyer.
If possible, please text or email me to let me know you'll be joining us. Hope to see you in Zoomland this Sunday!